Sunday, January 4, 2015

Failure is Part of the Success Equation

It's final time to come clean...


As you remember I was really pumped out when I finished my first challenge two weeks before the planned end. On December the 15th I challenged myself to get new record in number of kilometres per month with 150 km. I was progressing very well towards it...

I tried...

and FAILED. Yep you heard it right. I did not succeed. I've achieved highest number of kilometres per month (135; 1 more then previous record) but didn't run 150.

I was on the right track, I worked hard - I run before the Christmas Eve (23) and each day after (25, 26). Unfortunately on 25th my right knee started to hurt a little bit. I shrug it off as knees hurted me in the past and it was nothing serious. Next day when I run it was my most difficult run ever. My legs were super heavy and the knee was trying to explode. I bited the bullet and continued. The end result was rather good (approx. 4:35 min/km) but I was unable to move normally next day. The knee gone from light pain into strong one. That's why I had to abandon current challenge. I can't risk more serious problems. Winning the battle and losing the war is not an option for me!


Failure


There is one more important thing - failure is part of the game and it's the part that makes everything interesting. If there is no risk of failing what kind of challenge that is? Win-lose is a neccessity to makes things worth trying. This is what motivates - the risk of losing. Wise man thinks similar:


And now for something completely different


Blog gets new page - Challenge list where both finished and in progress challenges are described with starting date, end date, the result and all other important details. Go check it out! Now. And add to your bookmarks ;) Ohh and check this - so crazy epic!

TL;DR


I failed with my second challenge (if you care about excuses read the whole thing:) . Sometimes that's what happen despite trying hard. I'm not giving up, next time I will succeed!

Also new page on the blog - list of challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment