Monday, December 1, 2014

I've got a confession to make...

I hide it... I truly conceal it... This whole idea of blogging was somewhere in my mind. But the thing that motivated me to start it, to do it came from running.

Running is simple, it's just you against yourself, your weakness. Everything depends on you, each run is a challenge, which you can overcome. When I am running with my favourite music I feel I can do whatever I want, it just a matter of going all-out. It's not easy, it takes time, but if you're persistent and strongly believe that you could succeed you will.

Each and every day you can sit on your ass and watch some funny tv shows or youtube movies, play games or just waste your time. But the same time can be used for something else, juts decide what you really want and do it! Or start with believing that you can do it and it will happen sooner or later!

This is the origin of the blog name. Running makes me believe, that if you want you can. Just do it, don't stop, don't complain, it will take time and sweat but everything is possible if you want. Sound crazy and pathetic but who cares.

I returned to running last year after a break of high school, whole studies and two more additional years. At first I run with my wife in some really old shoes, it was just casual jogging but after few tries I realized that I like it. I bought professional shoes to keep my knees in good shape for later parts of my life :) I finished the year with something like 20, maybe 25 runs. The winter and spring was a long break, but I came back with full power. I don't remember when exactly I run first, but I starter recording my activities on 25.07.2014 with Endomondo app.

You can find info about my progress here (I'm putting some description for each run):
https://www.endomondo.com/profile/17457362

All this running is done, cause some time ago I decided I need a long term goal to test if I'm able to fulfil it. Unfortunately I'm more of a "flash in the pan" type of guy - start with a lot of energy and motivation, that runs out quickly. So I challenged myself - next year (2015) - half marathon and then full marathon. That's the first and most important of my challenges.

A week ago I was analysing my progress thus far and find out that I've run almost 400 km this year (only recorded ones count) so I decided to break 500 km mark this year!



TL; DR

Plan something, challenge yourself, believe that you can do it and it will happen!

My running challenges:
- run in half-marathon in first half of the 2015,
- run in full marathon in second half of 2015,
- finish 2014 with 500km under the belt (check my Endomondo profile to see how I'm doing).

No comments:

Post a Comment