Friday, April 21, 2017

The LEGO problem

Last time I told you about my new hobby - LEGO. What can surprise you is that I am still collecting sets and I did not jump to something else, like with other hobbies, that sparked my interest for a brief moment. There is only one problem and it is of utmost importance that I will tell you about it, so you are fully aware of what to expect when starting your own LEGO journey.

1) there are over 13 000 LEGO sets created! You can admire a few randomly chosen sets here:
http://brickset.com/sets/random

2) you will find a lot of sets that appeal to you. For me, due to sentiment, the pirates were the one that I wanted the most.

3) you will start collecting chosen theme. More and more sets will come and you will enjoy every second spent on building them.

4) to justify spending so much money on old, plastic toys you will persuaded yourself that this is some kind of an investment. That you will earn in the long run as price of LEGO is climbing all the time. The truth is... it will not happen, you have alread felt in love with those sets and one does not sell beloved ones!

5) grown men and women that plays or collects LEGO bricks are called AFOLs (adult fan of LEGO).

6) you will find out that not only Pirates theme is awesome. Look at Castle, Space, City, Technic... so many to collect! Wach out for LEGO Movie, as it makes you want more sets.

7) bidding and buying LEGO bricks mixes by kilograms is a refreshing experience. Sets you did not know that exists, sorting vast amounts of bricks, finding out that you have 5 kg of LEGO bricks from sixties (1960s)...

After all of this you will discover that LEGO bricks and sets are all over you house. On your desk there are sets waiting to be unpacked and build. Loose parts are on your left and right, you were missing those in a set you built last month and now you have to insert them it in the right place. Every table and wardrobe will be possessed by minfigures... When you wake up one day with a back pain and found out that some lost LEGO piece caused that you will now... The time has come. You have way too many sets and you have to put some to rest (I mean disassemble and pack them so that less space is required) :)

I am already past that point. I need a lot more space to keep the bricks in check... Prepare for some reviews and photos as I would like to say them goodbye with an honour. Here are a handful of sets awaiting their fate:



TL; DR

This post is about typical first world problems - ohhh.... no... I have too much LEGO sets. My life is ruined ;) Also... LEGO collection is growing every second and needs to be dealt with!

No comments:

Post a Comment